Friday, March 30, 2012

How to format Field ?

HOw to set the field (Password) in sqlServer database to '*' .
For example :
I key in VB : 123
In SqlServer database should appear : ***
Yoir help will be appreaciated.
daniel.Daniel:
I don't think that this is a datawarehouse question, but nevertheless
In SQLServer it is not possible to individually mask (as in MS Access) or
encrypt a single column as such. You would have to write your own encryption
routine or get one (many are available).
I usually encrypt my passwords and also set proper user rights restrictions
in order to protect the passwords.
Balaji Vasudevan
"Daniel" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E11D06A0-335A-481D-8A7B-7D32FE0F6E9D@.microsoft.com...
quote:

> HOw to set the field (Password) in sqlServer database to '*' .
> For example :
> I key in VB : 123
> In SqlServer database should appear : ***
> Yoir help will be appreaciated.
> daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment