Friday, March 30, 2012

How to format KPI values in KPI definition?

Hi, experts,

How can we format KPI values in the KPI value expression? (e.g. format KPI_Name with format of 2 decimal places?).

Hope it is clear for your help. I am looking forward to hearing from you shortly.

Thanks a lot in advance.

With kindest regards,

Yours sincerely,

Hi Helen! I do not think you can format KPITongue Tied. You can use a calculated member as the value expression /source for the KPI and format it instead.

HTH

Thomas Ivarsson

|||

Hi, Thomas,

Thanks for your help. I also found a strange problem that when I build the report with KPI values displayed in SSRS 2005, the values are with many decimal places instead of the formats I have already set up in the Analysis services cubes? (e.g, I formated the KPI values by using a calculated member in calculations with 2 decimal places, but the KPI values displayed on SSRS2005 are with many decimal places? e.g. 2.455879..?)

I have no idea what is going on. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

With kindest regards,

Yours sincerely,

|||

Hi Helen! I have seen the same behaviour in SSRS2005. You are aware of that Reporting Services do not show SSAS2005 KPI status and trends graphically? You will only see numbers.

SSRS2005 do not seem to use the formats from relational sources nore SSAS2005. I think you will have to apply formats once again in SSRS2005 like "### ####,##"

HTH

Thomas Ivarsson

|||

Hi, Thomas,

Thanks very much for your patient advices and help.

Yes, I am aware of this problem that SSRS2005 is not able to show KPI status and trend graphically.

With kindest regards,

Yours sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment