Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to format a text box to show bullets

I want to display this on a report

Conditions of your reward

· The enclosed reward has been couriered to you in accordance with the selection you made.

· This reward cannot be returned in full or part for points, swapped or exchanged for cash.

· If your product is defective in any way upon receipt, please contact to arrange a replacement.

you would think it would be simple but I can't seem to get it to work.

The best I can come up with is a bullet point then the text straight afterwards. I have also tried an image but when it prints it doens't really look the part.

Any ideas

I too have the same problem with Bullets.Any suggesstions or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Prabaharaprabu

|||if you are talking about static text (as opposed to databound), I was able to create the bulleted text list in MS Word, then copy and paste it in the textbox.|||I need a data to be displayed in a text box and it should be formatted with bullets.|||In the end I created all my text in a textbox and copy a large bullet in another labelbox. Each bullet I created in it's own labelbox and set all text padding to 0|||What if the text is not static ... who do you do that with the hanging indent?|||

why not use something similiar to the following:

=space(number) & chr(number) & space(number) & "whatever you need here"

This should allow you to pick an item off the ASCII character chart for chr(). The space() would allow you to set necessary spacing. If you need a hanging indent for sub-items, I'm pretty sure a iif() would do the trick. I hope this is somewhat helpful.

Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment